- - Sustainability Policies
- - CSR Policy
- - IT E-Waste Policy
- - Food Products Policy
- - Policy on Related Party
- - Policy for determination
of a material subsidiary
- - Policy for determination of
materiality of events and
information for disclosure to
the Stock Exchanges
- - Code for Fair Disclosure of UPSI
Policy on Social Investments / CSR
Inspired by a vision to serve a larger national purpose and abide with the strong value of Trusteeship, ITC has crafted innovative business models to create larger societal capital while simultaneously delivering long term shareholder value. This overarching aspiration to create meaningful societal value is manifest in ITC's strategy to enhance the competitiveness of value chains of which it is a part. It is therefore a conscious strategy to design and implement Social Investments / CSR programmes in the context of ITC's businesses, by enriching value chains that encompass the most disadvantaged sections of society, especially those residing in rural India, through economic empowerment based on grass-roots capacity building.
Recognizing that business enterprises are economic organs of society and draw on societal resources, it is ITC's belief that a company's performance must be measured by its Triple Bottom Line contribution to building economic, social and environmental capital. ITC is therefore committed to creating larger 'stakeholder value' by aligning its performance to these Triple Bottom Line objectives. As an Indian enterprise, ITC believes that this approach can unleash strong drivers of growth to make it more inclusive and equitable for even the most marginalized sections of society, through the creation of sustainable livelihoods, and to ensure long-term business sustainability and competitiveness.
It is the Company's intent to make a positive difference to society. It recognises that it cannot do it all; so that if there are choices to be made, bias will be towards doing fewer projects with greater impact and focusing initiatives on communities in which the Company lives and operates.
It is ITC's policy:
- To pursue a corporate strategy that enables realisation of the twin goals of shareholder value enhancement and societal value creation in a mutually reinforcing and synergistic manner.
- To align and integrate Social Investments / CSR programmes with the business value chains of your Company and make them outcome oriented. To support creation of on and off-farm sustainable livelihood sources thereby empowering stakeholder communities to conserve and manage their resources.
- To implement Social Investments / CSR programmes primarily in the economic vicinity of your Company's operations with a view to ensuring the long term sustainability of such interventions.
- To contribute to sustainable development in areas of strategic interest through initiatives designed in a manner that addresses the challenges faced by the Indian society especially in rural India.
- To collaborate with communities and institutions to contribute to the national mission of eradicating poverty and hunger, especially in rural areas, through agricultural research and knowledge sharing, superior farm and agri-extension practices, soil and moisture conservation and watershed management, conservation and development of forest resources, empowering women economically, supplementing primary education and participating in rural capacity building programmes and such other initiatives.
- To align your Company's operations with the national objective of inclusive growth and employment generation by leveraging your Company's diversified portfolio, manufacturing bases, supply chains and distribution channels, to infuse an appropriate mix of capital and technology to further social business initiatives such as e-Choupal, animal husbandry, agarbatti rolling etc. and support organisations / institutions engaged in building linkages with local, regional and urban communities and markets.
- To sustain and continuously improve standards of Environment, Health and Safety through the collective endeavour of your Company and its employees at all levels towards attaining world class standards and support other programmes and initiatives, internal or external, for the prevention of illness and combating of diseases as may be considered appropriate from time to time.
- To encourage the development of human capital of the Nation by expanding human capabilities through skills development, vocational training etc. and by promoting excellence in identified cultural fields.