Awards & Accolades
Major Awards 2012-13
Harvard Business Review ranked ITC Chairman Y C Deveshwar as the 7th Best Performing CEO in the World in its January-February 2013 edition.
- ITC Chairman Mr Y C Deveshwar was conferred the
Business Leader of the Year Award by the All India
Management Association (AIMA).
- ITC was presented the World Business and Development
Award at the historic Rio+20 UN Summit for its Social and
Farm Forestry initiative.
- ITC has been presented the AIM Asian CSR Award by the
Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR), in
recognition of its contribution to the creation of sustainable
livelihoods and fostering economic growth in rural
communities in India.
- ITC has won the prestigious 12th Businessworld FICCI
CSR Award in the Large Enterprise category. The award
recognises the most socially responsible Indian corporates
- ITC bagged the Best Overall Corporate Social
Responsibility Performance Award at the Institute of Public
Enterprise (IPE) & Subir Raha Centre for Corporate Governance
- CSR Awards 2012.
- ITC was conferred Business Leader in FMCG at the NDTV
Profit Business Leadership Awards 2012.
- ITC’s Agri Business Division has won two awards at the
fourth edition of the Rural Marketing Association of India
Corporate Awards 2012. Mr S Sivakumar, Chief Executive of
the Agri Business Division, was conferred the Special Inaugural
Award for Leadership Role in Rural Marketing.
- ITC’s Hotels Division was recognised as a
‘Standout Winner’ in Sustainability at the Global Vision Awards,
Travel + Leisure, U.S.
- ITC’s Corporate Communications Department received
the ABCI (Association of Business Communication of India)
Awards in 3 categories.
- ITC’s Corporate Communications Department was the
winner of the highest number of prizes at the 34th National
Public Relations Society of India Awards with five first prizes
in various categories.
- ITC’s super premium luxury hotel, ITC Grand Chola in
Chennai, secured a 5 Star GRIHA, the highest national rating
for Green Buildings. The award was presented by the Hon’ble
President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee.
- The National Tourism Awards recognised ITC Maurya for
‘Best Facilities for Differently Abled Guests’ and ITC Gardenia
for being the ‘Best Eco Friendly Hotel.’
- ITC has bagged the Corporate Excellence Award, 2012,
conferred by the Indian Institute of Material Management
(IIMM), for its contribution to society and the Indian economy
through excellence in Supply Chain Management (SCM).
- ITC was presented
the CII Water
2012. The Packaging &
Printing Factory, at
Paperboards Units at
received the CII award
for the ‘Best Water
Efficient Units’. ITC’s
the award for
‘Excellent Water Management Initiative’.
- ITC’s Units at Bengaluru, Saharanpur, Kolkata and Pune
received the coveted British Safety Council Sword of Honour
- ITC’s factories at Munger, Bengaluru, Saharanpur, Kolkata
and Pune received the prestigious Five Star rating from the
British Safety Council for implementing and demonstrating
benchmarked International standards in Occupational Health
- ITC’s Foods Unit at Haridwar received a Commendation
Certificate from CII, in the Category - ‘Large Food Businesses
- Manufacturing’ for the year 2012.
- ITC’s WOW - Wealth Out of Waste Initiative won the CII
Best Environmental Practices Awards 2012 in the
categories of ‘Most Useful Environmental Project 2012’ and
‘Innovative Environmental Project’.
- ITC’s Paperboards Unit at Bollaram has won the Silver at
the FICCI Safety Excellence Award in the medium size industry
- ITC’s Munger Unit has been recognised as an ‘Energy
Efficient Unit’ at the 13th CII National Awards for Excellence
in Energy Management, 2012.
- The Packaging Factory and Warehouse Project, Haridwar
has won the British Safety Council International Safety
Award – 2012.
- ITC won the CIO Advisory's Top Green IT Enterprise Award
and the Nasscom Best IT User Award in 2012.
- ITC’s Classmate brand won the Gold Award at EEMAX
2012 for use of Digital Marketing in Event and Activation
for ITC Classmate’s Man of the Match campaign.
- ITC Grand Chola won the Development of the Year Award
in the Luxury and Upscale category, conferred by the Hotel
Investment Forum India (HIFI) in 2013.
- ITC Sonar, Kolkata, won the ‘Best in Resource Efficiency’
award at Wild Asia’s Responsible Tourism Awards,
- ITC Mughal’s Kaya Kalp – The Royal Spa received the
Favourite Hotel Spa Award for the year 2012 at the Conde
Nast Readers’ Travel Award ceremony.
- ITC’s branded cuisine restaurants - Bukhara & Dum Pukht,
were the only Indian restaurants among the Miele Top 20
Asia’s Best Restaurant Awards, Singapore.
- ITC’s restaurant - Dum Pukht was recognised amongst
‘Classic Restaurant of the World’ by Conde Nast Traveller, U.K.
- ITC’s signature cuisine restaurant - Bukhara awarded
‘Restaurant of the Year’ at the NDTV Lifestyle Awards in 2013.
- Bukhara, Dum Pukht, Kebabs & Kurries, Dakshin, Pan
Asian, West View, EDO, Ottimo, Dublin – awarded ‘Best in
category’ at the Times Food Awards, 2012.
- Fortune Hotels won the award for the ‘Best First Class
Business Hotel Chain’ at the Today’s Traveller Awards
Ceremony in 2012.
- Vivel was voted as one of the top 5 ‘Most Exciting Brands’
in Personal Care by Brand Equity, The Economic Times.
- Wills Lifestyle was rated ‘Superbrand 2012’ by the
Superbrands Council of India.
- John Players was ranked amongst top 5 ‘Most Exciting’
and top 10 ‘Most Trusted’ apparel brands by Brand Equity,
The Economic Times.
- ITC’s Packaging & Printing Unit at Tiruvottiyur was awarded
the Forest Stewardship Council Chain of Custody certification
by the Rainforest Alliance.