Launched in 1975, ITC Hotels, India's premier chain of luxury hotels, has become synonymous with Indian hospitality. ITC Hotels pioneered the concept of 'Responsible Luxury' in the hospitality industry, drawing on the strengths of ITC groups' exemplary sustainability practices. Responsible Luxury personifies an ethos that integrates world-class green practices with contemporary design elements to deliver the best of luxury in the greenest possible manner.
The Responsible Luxury commitment of ITC Hotels blends elements of nature to deliver a unique value proposition to guests, conscious of their responsibility to be planet positive. Today, these unique interventions have made ITC Hotels the greenest luxury hotel chain in the world with all its eleven premium luxury hotels LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum certified.
With more than 100 hotels in over 70 destinations, ITC Hotels has set new standards of excellence in the hotel industry in Accommodation, Cuisine, Environment and Guest Safety.
ITC Hotels properties are classified under four distinct brands:
ITC Hotels has an exclusive tie-up with the 'Luxury Collection' for eleven of its hotels. ITC Hotels - Luxury Collection are super deluxe and premium hotels located at strategic business and leisure locations. The hotels which are part of this collection are: ITC Grand Bharat in Gurgaon. ITC Grand Chola in Chennai, ITC Maurya in Delhi, ITC Maratha in Mumbai, ITC Sonar in Kolkata, ITC Grand Central in Mumbai, ITC Windsor & ITC Gardenia in Bengaluru, ITC Kakatiya in Hyderabad and ITC Mughal in Agra and ITC Rajputana in Jaipur.
WelcomHotels offer five-star hospitality for the discerning business and leisure traveller. Currently there are eight hotels under this brand namely, WelcomHotel Dwarka - New Delhi, WelcomHotel Bella Vista - Panchkula-Chandigarh, WelcomHotel Jodhpur - Jodhpur, WelcomHotel Rama International - Aurangabad, WelcomHotel Vadodara - Vadodara, and WelcomHotel Grand Bay - Vishakhapatnam, WelcomHotel Khimsar Fort & Dunes, Rajasthan and one WelcomHotel SheratonNew Delhi Hotel - offer warm, comforting services to the global traveller and a chance to connect.
Fortune Hotels operates mid-market to upscale properties in the first-class, full-service business hotel segment all over India, in major metros, mini metros, state capitals and business towns, promising business and leisure travellers a wide choice of destinations and accommodation.
WelcomHeritage brings together a chain of palaces, forts, havelis and resorts that offer a unique experience. WelcomHeritage endeavours to preserve ancient royal homes and the historical Indian grandeur and opulence for the future Indian generations. WelcomHeritage provides a fine range of hotel services inside these architectural legacies present across India.
ITC Hotels has set standards for excellence in the hotel industry by pioneering the concept of branded accommodation. The chain has developed three brands of accommodation 'ITC One', 'Towers', ‘Eva’ and the 'Executive Club' to differentiate between the needs of various travellers and provide the highest levels of service.
ITC Hotels is one of the first to introduce branded cuisine WelcomCuisine - in India. The Bukhara and Peshawri restaurants give epicures the rugged, outdoor cuisine of the Northwest Frontier Province. Dakshin has brought together the highly evolved cuisines of the four southern states- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Dum Pukht is a unique restaurant dedicated to a 200-year old culinary tradition of slow cooking food, in sealed deghs. The fragrance of the meal becomes an invitation befitting royalty. Today the connoisseur can savour these delicacies across the country. The sumptuous fare at K&K comprises a mouth-watering array of kebabs and a wide range of dishes from all over India. These dishes can be categorised as Quarmas, Qaliyas or Salans.
Rated high by food connoisseurs all over the world, ITC Hotels takes exceptional pride in showcasing its internationally renowned cuisine. West View brings a careful selection of western cuisine s from the remote France chateaux, grill houses on the East and West coasts of America, rosy kitchens of English manors, leisurely Mediterranean villas and bustling German marketplaces. The Pan Asian serves specialties from China, Thailand, Mongolia, Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia.
Kaya Kalp Spa
Kaya Kalp (meaning rejuvenation of mind, body and soul in Sanskrit) spas are class apart for those who seek to combine luxury with an exclusive and enriching experience that uplifts the mind, body and soul. Kaya Kalp Spas offer indigenous and well-known therapies from across the world, to deliver a memorable spa experience. The Kaya Kalp Spa experience is available at all the ITC Luxury Collection Hotels.
ITC Green Centre
ITC Green Centre in Gurgaon, the headquarters of ITC's Hotels Business is the physical expression of this commitment to sustainability - Ecological, Social and Economic. This building is one of the world's largest green buildings with space of over 170,000 square feet. The ITC Green Centre which was earlier declared the largest LEED Platinum rated office space in the world in 2004, was re-certified in 2012 as the world’s highest rated green building with Platinum certification by the US Green Building Council.
ITC Hotels - Empowering Differently-abled people
ITC Hotels has established that if provided with an opportunity to work and become self-sufficient, people who are differently-abled can significantly contribute to the workplace, families and the community. ITC Hotels has taken a positive step in this direction by employing people who are differently-abled across its hotels. ITC Hotels believes that everyone should be treated with sensitivity and empathy. The models it has created have been effective and have succeeded in sensitising other employees to the needs of those differently-abled. Keeping in mind their specific skills, many differently abled have been employed in diverse functions like housekeeping, teleworking, bakery and as musicians. Special badges for the visually impaired, whistles for hearing impaired employees to communicate in an emergency and sign language classes for the staff to communicate with them are just a few examples of how ITC Hotels has created an atmosphere of sensitivity and caring.
ITC Hotels has also published a booklet aimed at sharing experiences with the rest of the corporate world and laying down a step-by-step guide to demystify the perceived complexities around employing persons with disabilities.
Please click on the following link to download the booklet:
|ITC Hotels Disability
Handbook for Industry
|Universal Design Guide
A Guide for Creating Accessible Building
Infrastructure for Persons with Disability
ITC Hotels' strategy of benchmarking against international standards has won its hotels many laurels.
- Peacock Suite, ITC Gardenia featured amongst the Top 100 Suites in the World 2016 by Elite Traveler
- Kaya Kalp - The Royal Spa, ITC Grand Bharat was awarded the Best New Spa (Resort) at the GeoSpa asiaSpa India Awards 2016
- Kaya Kalp - The Royal Spa, ITC Mughal was awarded the Most Luxurious Spa (Resort) at the GeoSpa asiaSpa India Awards 2016
- Bukhara, ITC Maurya was recognised among the Top 50 Restaurants in Asia at the S. Pellegrino Asia's 50 Best Awards held in Bangkok on February 29, 2016
- ITC Hotels emerged as the Most Respected Company in the hospitality segment in a survey conducted by Businessworld - January 2016
- ITC Grand Bharat was voted the Favourite New Leisure Hotel in India at the Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2015
- Bukhara, ITC Maurya was voted the Favourite Restaurant in an Indian Hotel at the Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2015
- Club ITC was voted the Favourite Hotel Loyalty Program (runner-up) at the Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2015
- ITC Grand Bharat has been listed among the 6 best luxury hotels in the world by RobbReport India - 2015
- ITC Grand Bharat voted No. 4 amongst the World's Top 100 Hotels & Resorts at the Conde Nast Traveler US Readers' Choice Awards 2015. The retreat was also voted the No. 1 Resort in Asia.
- ITC Grand Bharat was listed in the Conde Nast Traveler U.S Hot List - Best Hotels 2015
- ITC Gardenia was awarded the Most luxurious Spa Hotel by Geospa - 2015
- ITC Mughal was listed in the Hall of fame - Asia Spa Awards - 2015
- ITC Grand Bharat was awarded the Best Luxury Hotel in the Hotel Investment Conference South Asia 2015
- ITC Maurya was awarded the Best Business Hotel - India at the Lonely Planet Magazine India Awards 2015
- ITC Grand Bharat was featured in the DestinAsian Luxe List 2015 - a compilation of the Best New Hotels in the Asia-Pacific Region, October 2015
- The Fitness Centre at ITC Maurya was listed as one of India's Best Hotel Gyms by GQ India - May 2015
- ITC Ltd - Hotels Division was awarded Best hotel group - Travel + Leisure, India & South Asia in April 2015
- ITC Grand Bharat was featured in Vanity Fair UK's A-List - March 2015
- The Sangam Lobby at ITC Grand Chola was listed amongst10 of the Most Extravagant Hotel Lobbies in the World by AFAR, USA - March 2015
- ITC Grand Bharat was awarded the Best Indian Hotel Debut by Outlook Traveller in March 2015
- ITC Maurya was listed in the Conde Nast Traveler, U.S. - Gold list, Top Hotels of the World in December 2014
- ITC Grand Bharat was listed amongst the world's top 11 city golf clubs by CNN Travel in December 2014
- ITC Grand Chola was awarded the Best city hotel-Silver - the World Responsible Tourism Awards, U.K 2014
- 'ITC Limited - Hotels Division' was awarded the World Green Building Council - Asia Pacific 'Business Leadership in Sustainability' Award in Singapore, September 2014
- ITC Hotels awarded the 'Best Luxury Hotel Chain' in India by India's leading business and leisure travel magazine; Today's Traveller at the 8th Annual Today's Traveller Awards, September 18, 2014
- ITC Hotels emerged winner for 'Excellence in Customer Service' in the Hospitality Sector in a survey conducted by India's leading business daily, Economic Times
- ITC Grand Chola was awarded the 'Signum Virtutis' - Seal of Excellence as the pinnacle of luxury in the 'Hotels & Resorts' category at the Seven Star Global Luxury Awards in Malaysia on June 14, 2014.
- ITC Grand Chola awarded 'Best Business Hotel' in India, at the Lonely Planet Travel Awards 2014 - June 2014
- Bukhara, New Delhi awarded the coveted 'Best in Country' award at the S. Pellegrino Top 50 Restaurants in Asia Awards held in Singapore - February 2014
- Dum Pukht, recognised among the Top 50 Restaurants in Asia at the S. Pellegrino Top 50 Restaurants in Asia Awards held in Singapore on February 2014
- ITC Maurya wins Ministry of Tourism - Government of India, National Tourism Award for 'Best Eco Friendly Hotel' in India - February 2014
- ITC Hotels recognised as No.1 in the world in the 'Sustainability' category at the 'Global Vision Awards' by Travel + Leisure magazine, U.S. - June 2013
- ITC Hotels recognized as 'Most Respected Company' in the Hospitality category, Business World, 2013
- ITC Grand Chola rated as the Best Leisure Hotel, Conde Nast Traveller, 2013
- ITC Grand Chola features amongst the 50 Top new Luxury Hotels of the World, World Spa & Travel magazine, 2013
- ITC Grand Chola features amongst the best new hotels of 2012 in the IT List, Travel + Leisure, 2013
- ITC Grand Chola ranks among the TOP 50 hotels of the world in the HOT List 2013, CondeNast Traveller
- ITC Grand Chola recognized as the Best Luxury Premier Hotel by Travel Agent Association of India, 2013
- Kaya Kalp - The Royal Spa rated amongst the Best Hotel Spa in India, CondeNast Traveller, 2013
- ITC Gardenia's peacock suites amongst the top 10 amazing hotel suites in the World, Elite Traveler, 2013
- Chanakya - The Grand Presidential Suite at ITC Maurya, Peacock -The Presidential Suite at ITC Gardenia and The Presidential Suite at ITC Sonar awarded for being amongst the India's top 25 Presidential Suites by Travel + Leisure, 2013
- Bukhara awarded with "Restaurant of the Year" at NDTV Lifestyle Awards, March 2013
- Dum Pukht awarded with 'Best in Country' recognition at the S.Pellegrino Asia's 50 Best Restaurants, Singapore, February 25, 2013
- Bukhara recognised amongst S. Pellegrino Asia's 50 Best Restaurants at No. 26, from close to 900 restaurants in Asia, February 25, 2013
- ITC Grand Chola receives green rating for integrated habitat assessment by The Energy Resource Institute (TERI), Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government Of India February 2013
- ITC Grand Central awarded with The Golden Peacock - Corporate Excellence Recognition for national training by Institute of DirectorsÂ–January 2013
- ITC Grand Chola recognized by HIFI as development of the year in the luxury and upscale category January 2013
- Bukhara and Dakshin listed amongst AsiaÂ’'s Top 20 Restaurants Miele Guide Asia, January 2013
- Kaya Kalp recognized as Best Hotel Spa by CondeNast Traveler, India December 2012
- ITC Hotels - The Standout Winner for Sustainability, Global Vision Awards -October 2012
- ITC Sonar awarded with Responsible Tourism Award for being best in resource efficiency by Wild Asia Tourism, Singapore - October 2012
- ITC Green Centre re-certified LEED Platinum with the highest ratings ever accorded to a green building of its size in the world, by U.S. Green Building Council 2012
- ITC Hotels - Greenest Luxury Hotel Chain(2011 - 2012) to be LEED platinum certified by US green building council & India green building council.
- 'Most Trusted Hotel brandÂ’ in the Public Choice Honours category awarded at the Times Travel Honours 2011, organized by Times of India.
- Â‘Most Reputed Hotel ChainÂ’ at the Business WorldÂ‘ Most Reputed CompaniesÂ’ Awards 2011
- Conde Nast Traveller Award for 'Excellence in Energy & Environmental Design' 2011
- Miele Asia Awards - Top 20 Restaurants in Asia - Bukhara, Dum Pukht and Dakshin - 2011.
- All ITC super premium luxury hotels accorded LEED Platinum status making ITC HotelsÂ’ the 'First on Earth' to be the Â‘Greenest Luxury Hotel Chain in the WorldÂ’ - 2011
- ITC Hotels won the Â‘Best EmployerÂ’ National Award from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India for Â‘Empowerment of People with DisabilitiesÂ’ 2011
- ITC Gardenia accorded Â‘Best Luxury HotelÂ’ in the first year of its opening at the Hotel Investors Conference South Asia 2011 (HICSA)
- ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru is the first Indian Hotel and world's largest, to get the LEED Platinum rating - the highest green building certification globally 2010
- Bukhara & Dum Pukht listed amongst the top 20 Restaurants in Asia by Miele, Singapore in the year 2010
- ITC Hotels is the only chain in India to have the maximum number of ISO 14001 certified hotels.
- ITC Hotels was named the Best Premier Hotel Brand at the Galileo-Express TravelWorld Awards 2008 & 2006. ITC WelcomHeritage won the Best Heritage Hotel Brand award in 2006.
- ITC Maurya, New Delhi received the award for 'Best Luxury Hotel' at the Star Hospitality Awards 2007-08 and the NATIONAL TOURISM AWARD 2007 for 'Best Eco-Friendly Hotel' from Ministry of Tourism.
- WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi won the Golden peacock Award 2008 for Environment Management. It was also conferred the '6th Annual Greentech Safety Award' in the Service Sector for the year 2006.
- The NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Award 2008, 2007 and 2006 to ITC Hotels for the vision, policies and practices demonstrating the belief in equal rights and gainful employment for persons with disabilities.
- The PATA Gold Award 2005 in the Corporate Environmental category for the WelcomEnviron initiatives of ITC Hotels.
- ITC Green Centre - World's largest green platinum rated building (2005) by US Green Building Council.
- ITC Sonar, Kolkata has been declared as one of the best hotels in the world by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) in the April 2004 issue of its magazine 'Business & Travel'. ABTA also rated Dublin amongst the top 20 bars and Bukhara the best restaurant in Asia and the finest Indian restaurant in the world.
- ITC Hotels awarded as the best chain for 'Eco Responsible' practices in the year 2004.
- ITC Maurya, New Delhi is the only hotel in India, to have won the British Safety Council's 'Sword of Honour' thrice.
- ITC Mughal at Agra was Asia's first winner of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture.
- Asia's first 'Golden Fork Award', was also bestowed, by the International Food and Wine Writers Guild on Bukhara and Dum Pukht restaurants brands.
- Bukhara has been rate among the TOP 50 restaurants in the world at the S. Pelligrino Top Restaurants of the world for 4 consecutive years.
- Kaya Kalp ITC's indegenious spa brand has been rated by Tatler and Conde Nast Traveller among the best spas in the world.
Links to Press Releases
Links to Press Reports