Paperboards and Specialty Papers
ITC's Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division is India's largest, technologically advanced and most eco-friendly, paper and paperboards business. The business caters to a wide spectrum of packaging, graphic, communication, writing, printing and specialty paper requirements through its four world-class manufacturing units, 8 sales offices and a network of more than 60 dealers in India, along with a robust international trade network of distributors / agents and 6 finishing operations close to the market for providing faster service to the customers.
Having pioneered many specialty applications, ITC's Paperboards and Specialty Papers business enjoys market leadership in the value-added paperboards segment, and also has a significant share of the Indian fine papers market. It is the largest exporter of coated boards from India.
The product range includes:
|Expand all | Collapse all|
ITC takes great pride in servicing a large cross-section of industry requirements - from cigarette tissues to FMCG cartons, from electrical insulation papers to PLA Coated Boards, from decorative laminate base to writing and printing papers and much more. ITC straddles the entire spectrum of paperboards - from 100% virgin, food-grade boards which are from renewable and sustainable sources to 100% recycled boards
Some of ITC's prominent brands are:
Packaging and Graphic boards
Coated Virgin boards: Cyber XLPac, Safire Graphik, Cyber Cypak, Carte Lumina, Cyber Propac, Cyber Premium, Opus Card, Vivaa Liner
Coated Recycled boards: Eco Blanca, Eco Natura, NeoWhite Bliss
Poly Coated boards: Indobev, Indobarr
Biodegradable Barrier boards: Omegabev, Omegabarr
Graphic boards: Art Maestro, Carte Persona, Digiart
Fine papers: Alfa Zap, Alfa Plus, Hi Brite, Hi Zine, Perma White
Thin Printing papers: Bible Printing, Pharma Print, Superfine Printing
Each of the units specialises in a range of products. Together, these units have capacity close to 6,75,000 TPA of paper and paperboards that meet stringent quality requirements across the world. All four manufacturing units are ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified and meet strict Environment, Health and Safety norms.
The unit in Bhadrachalam is India's largest integrated pulping and paperboard manufacturing unit. It boasts of equipment supplied by internationally renowned suppliers for pulping processes, paper machines, web detection & inspection systems, and finishing & packing lines. Currently the unit produces high-end virgin and recycled boards for packaging and graphic applications, and fine printing papers. The Bhadrachalam unit manufactures and uses pulp made from ozone bleaching process known as light ECF process. The use of ozone technology significantly reduces the load of toxins in the effluent discharged, and helps customers get a brighter, stronger product that is also environmentally responsible with the BOD (Biochemical oxygen on demand) and COD (Chemical oxygen on demand) level way below the National Standards Limits. PM 4 & PM 5 of Unit Bhadrachalam is BRC - IOP certified for food grade boards.
The Kovai unit currently focuses entirely on recycled boards, servicing requirements for both greyback and whiteback recycled boards, The Kovai unit is a benchmark in environmental performance - helping ITC turn solid waste recycling positive by consuming more paper waste generated than is generated internally. This is done by collecting waste from households and institutions and recycling it at this facility.
The Tribeni unit specializes in fine papers and tissues and the product range from this unit comprises opaque papers for fine printing like the Bible, dictionaries, cigarette tissues, medical grade papers, anti-rust papers, electrical insulation papers, decor surface, printing and barrier papers. The Bollaram unit manufactures poly extrusion coated barrier boards. This unit is BRC- IOP certified for food grade boards.
Customers are at the core of the business. This is reflected in the diverse range of products, grades and value added services. There is a strong focus on partnering customers to co-create and deliver superior solutions, enhancing their competitive advantage.
All the 4 units of ITC PSPD are FSC-CoC (Forest Stewardship Council- Chain of Custody) certified enabling it to provide a diverse range of paperboards/paper with FSC certificate which is a gold standard in wood certification for ethical and legal sourcing.
The Business' quality philosophy is reflected at every stage - from the selection of clones used for growing pulpwood to world-class manufacturing facilities to the finishing and packing lines. It embraces the relevant skills and competencies of employees, managers and specialists as well.
A dedicated network of regional sales offices, an extensive dealer and agent network in India and across the globe along with close to market finishing and stock holding facilities enable ITC's Paperboards and Specialty Papers business to reach out to customers faster, to service them better. With the division-wide implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) in 2009, the business also offers customers an enriched experience through enhanced connectivity and web-access to many of the services that were handled offline.
ITC's commitment beyond the market finds a strong expression in the Social and Farm forestry programmes spearheaded by the business. These programmes help create man hours of employment for the rural poor, besides being a sustainable source of high-quality raw material for the business. ITC's Research and Development efforts in creating disease resistant, high yielding clones help farmers realize greater yields in a shorter time - from land that may be otherwise unproductive. More than 1,93,000 (as on 31st March 2015) hectares of planted area stands testimony to ITC's commitment to sustainable forestry.
Working towards credible certification of its environmentally responsible processes and products, ITC is the first Indian company to be invited to become a member of the WWF GFTN programme. With this membership, ITC has committed to bring larger volumes of its products and its operations under credibly certified schemes like FSC.
Supporting the cause of clean technology, ITC is a front-runner in introducing environment-friendly Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) technology, and more recently, Ozone bleaching in India. ITC's focus on being a carbon-positive, water-positive, zero-solid waste disposal organization leads it to constantly develop ways of reducing, reusing and recycling. ITC has been 'Carbon Positive' for ten years in a row, 'Water Positive' for thirteen consecutive years and 'Solid Waste Recycling Positive' for the last eight years.ITC's Paperboards and Specialty Papers business has also been a first-mover in the field of collecting and recycling post-consumer waste from residential localities, corporate and educational institutes through its WOW programme. ITC reaches out directly to consumers with its Wellbeing Out of Waste (WOW) campaign, that has been successfully implemented in select locations across southern India, and has plans to expand into other locations across the Country.
For more information on ITC PSPD's sustainability initiatives please visit www.itcpspd.com
ITC's Paperboards & Specialty Papers business has won numerous awards for quality, environmental management systems and product excellence. For more information please visit www.itcpspd.com.
- Green Product of the Year 2013 award at the India Green Business Summit 2014 held in New Delhi on January 19, 2014.
- CII Environmental Best Practices Award 2013 to unit Kovai for the Project: CO4 fodder grass as Boiler fuel by using effluent water.
- ITC's Social and Farm Forestry programme won the 2nd NASSCOM Social Innovation Honours 2010 for bringing about social change and development through technology.
- The BIR (Bureau of International Recycling) Paper Division, has conferred upon ITC Paperboards and Specialty Papers Business 'The Papyrus Award' 2009, in recognition of services and contribution to the recycling industry, in 2009.
- In 2011, the British Safety Council, London conferred the Globe of Honour Award for best Environment Prevention and Protection to Bhadrachalam and Kovai Units. Both units also achieved 5 star rating in Environment Audit.
- The Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award 2008, 2006 and 2004 in the manufacturing sector, for the Bhadrachalam factory. Through these awards the Greentech Foundation recognizes industrial and service sector organizations for their outstanding achievements in environment protection.
- 'Top Green Rating' in 2004 by the Centre for Science & Environment (CSE). The Bhadrachalam Unit was adjudged as India's most environment-friendly paper mill.
- Golden Peacock Award - 2003 - The World environmental foundation presents this award for the highest achievement in environmental management.
- Gold Award 2007 and 2006 to Unit Bollaram by Frost & Sullivan in acknowledgement of the achievement in sustaining and maintaining manufacturing excellence.
- Paper Mill of the Year 2005-06 Award to the Bhadrachalam paperboards mill by the Indian Paper Manufacturers Association (IPMA).
- The British Safety Council's Five Star Health and Safety Award 2011 to Tribeni Unit and to the Bhadrachalam Unit in 2008. In 2011, Tribeni and Bollaram Units were also awarded the Sword of Honour. Five Star rating from the British Safety Council to Bollaram in 2011 and 2007, Kovai Unit in 2008 and 2007, and Tribeni Unit in 2006. The British Safety Council also awarded unit Kovai the International Safety Award with Distinction in 2011 These awards are given for excellence in Health & Safety management.
- Over the years Unit Bhadrachalam has been consistently awarded by National Award for Excellence in Energy Management and the National Award for Excellence in Water Management and also the Best Innovative Project Award in 2006 by the CII. The awards were given for successful implementation of energy saving projects and for significant reduction in specific energy and water consumption. The same were also awarded to the Tribeni factory in 2008. Tribeni also received the Innovative Case study award. Munger Unit received the CII-GBC National Award for Excellence in Water Management 2008 for the third time. Unit Kovai was also declared as the Excellent Water Efficient Unit under National Award for Excellence in Water Management 2011 for the fourth time.
- National Award for Energy Conservation 2008 to Unit Tribeni from the Ministry of Power & Non-conventional energy sources. This is the third year in succession that Tribeni Unit has received this recognition. Unit Bhadrachalam won the same award in 2005.
- Capexil's Top Export Award 2005-06, 2004-05 and 2003-04 for the 5th consecutive year in recognition of highest exports in value terms, in the Paper and Paperboard category.
- The prestigious Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra Award for outstanding contribution to the cause of afforestation and the development of wastelands.
Operations & Energy
Links to Press Releases
Links to Press Reports