The food companies have a vital role to play in helping enable healthier lives. The companies are committed to continuous product improvement and innovation, with the goal of making available food choices that help people eat a healthy, balanced diet.
As part of our endeavour to ensure and provide safe and nutritious food to the consumer to balance their diets, we pledge to continuously work towards evaluating and improving the nutrient profile of our product portfolio.
It is our 'shared responsibility' to help consumers make an informed dietary choice. Towards this, we reiterate our commitment to collaborate and continue to work with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) as part of The Eat Right Movement (TERM), and support consumer awareness initiatives helping consumers care for themselves and their families.
On this day of 10th July 2018, ITC Limited pledges:
ITC Ltd is committed to provide safe, nutritious and sensorially superior food products to consumers. Being a responsible food company we have launched number of food products with positive nutritional benefits like under the Aashirvaad Atta Range we have Fortified Atta, Sugar Release Control Atta ( Low GI Atta) , Multigrain Atta ; under Sunfeast Biscuits we have the Farmlite Digestive All Good biscuit with No Added Sugar and made from 100% Atta, High Protein Biscuit (Sattu Biscuit) ; under B Natural juices and beverages we have moved the entire range completely to being 100% Fruit pulp/ puree based (Not From Concentrate) : under our Agriproducts under the Farmland brand we have introduced the Low Sugar Potato . We will continue to develop many such products which will benefit livelihoods of food producers as well as improve the health and well-being of consumers.
To support The Eat Right Movement (TERM), we hereby confirm that we have made initiatives to reformulate our products by reducing salt/ sodium, added sugar and fat in our food categories as per the following targets:
Salt: By 2020, we will reduce salt by 5% from the current levels in three-fourth of our current snacks and instant noodles portfolio. By 2023, we will have a further 5% reduction in three-fourth of our current snacks and instant noodles portfolio, targeting a total reduction of 10%.
Sugar: By 2020, we will reduce added sugar by 5% from current levels in three-fourth of our current biscuits, and beverages portfolio. By 2023, three-fourth of beverages portfolio will have a further 5% reduction of added sugar.
Fat: All our food products where trans-fat is originating from hydrogenated vegetable oil are "trans-fat free" on a per serving basis in accordance with national regulation.