Awards And Accolades
ITC constantly endeavours to benchmark its products, services and processes to global standards. The Company’s pursuit of excellence has earned it national and international honours. Some of the significant recognition received during the year were:
• FICCI Outstanding Vision Triple Impact Corporate Award 2007 for exemplary triple bottom line performance.
• Sustainability Leadership Award 2007 conferred on Chairman Y C Deveshwar by the Sustainability Forum, Zurich and SAM/SPG at the International Sustainability Leadership Symposium.
• Business Today Award for the Best Managed Company: In recognition of its outstanding initiatives in the consumer products segment.
• The Corporate Award for Social Responsibility 2008: from The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in recognition of its exemplary initiatives in integrated watershed development programmes across 7 states in India.
• Asian CSR Award 2007 for Environmental Excellence given by the Asian Institute of Management. The Award recognises and honours Asian companies for outstanding, innovative and world-class projects.
• Readers' Digest Pegasus Award for corporate social responsibility, recognising outstanding work done by socially conscious companies.
• NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award for being the Best Food Company of 2007. The Award has been instituted to recognise organisational excellence.
• CNBC-TV18’s International Trade Award 2008 for Outstanding Exporter of the Year in the FMCG & Food category.
• Corporate Social Responsibility Crown Award for Water Practices from UNESCO and Water Digest for ITC’s distinguished work carried out in the water sector in India.
• Golden Leaf Awards in the categories of ‘Most Committed to Quality’ and ‘Most Impressive Public Service Initiative’ for ITC-ILTD. The awards were presented during TABEXPO 2007 in Paris.
• National Tourism Award for ‘Best Eco-Friendly Hotel’ for ITC Maurya from the Ministry of Tourism.
• Wills Lifestyle rated amongst the top 5 Luxury brands in the country in a Global Luxury Survey conducted by TIME Magazine.
• ITC Infotech ranked in the ‘Leaders Category’ for the ‘2008 Global Outsourcing 100’ by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP).
• Superbrand status by Superbrands Council for Kitchens of India.
• Best launch of 2007 award for Bingo! in The Annual Brand Derby, The Strategist (Business Standard).
• Media Awards 2008 at the Goa Fest for Bingo! Gold: Best Use of Radio and Silver: Best Use of Youth Marketing.
• Abby Awards 2008 for Bingo! in 7 categories including Silver awards for Best Integrated Campaign and Best Film.
• Media Awards 2008 for Candyman in the Gold category for Innovative Use of Print Advertising at the Goa Fest.
• Best Indian Restaurant in Asia-2008 for Bukhara at ITC Maurya given by the Restaurant magazine of UK.